Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Cochin

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was in that cute boat on their previous round at Cochin backwaters. (The city of Cochin or Kochi, is at the southern end of India)

There was a group of woman from France in it when I entered.

They looked at me suspiciously while I stepped in, but after seeing my camera, they opened up again chattering in French, even one of them eying me from the corner of her eyes and asking the other if I was an Arab...unaware that I know a little French.

It was real cozy inside the boat with comfortable cushioned seats and very clean floormats.


In the background is the city of Cochin.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They say, that a laugh is as good as sex... and sex is said to be healthy.
Enjoy the humor and rememeber to take it in good spirits.

Late on Friday afternoon a Banbury senior citizen drove his brand new BMW Z4 convertible out of the car salesroom.

Taking off down the motorway, he floored it to 90 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head.
"Amazing!" he thought as he flew down theM40, enjoying pushing the pedal to the metal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.
"I can get away from him - no problem!" thought the elderly nutcase as he floored it to 110mph, then 120, then 130mph.


Suddenly, he thought,"What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense!"
So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.

Pulling in behind him, the police officer walked up to the driver's side of the BMW, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 10minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding like that, I've never heard or seen you before, I'll let you go."

The man, looked very seriously at the policeman, and replied, " Years ago," he paused a second before continuing " my wife ran off with a policeman. "

"I thought you were bringing her back." he said with out even a smiling.

"Have a good day, Sir," said the policeman. He raised his cap slightly as of a salute and left with a broad smile.

35 comments:

starry nights said...

love the picture and loved the story even more.

CapCity said...

Cute story - but I wanted to hear more about u on the boat to Cochin - did u & the woman who thought u were an Arab extend your visit? Aaaah, I agree that laughter is the next best thing to physical intimacy. I posted about that same thing long before I met you, Jac.

Check out my take on Laughter, the Other foreplay;-). Enjoy & thanks again for your tales & wonderful photos!

Neers said...

:) the humour!!! and what a spirit!! :) hey... umm, am back... or am i??

VIDYA said...

The story about the boatride ended rather abrubtly, we want 2 kno more! :-d

the othr story was hilarious, rotfl!

the boat looks really gud, din kno it existed ot wouldve made my parents take me on it ! :-d will defnitely go on it next time.

mathew said...

wow..never knew there were houseboats in cochin..neways hope you had a fun..

Keshi said...

Nice :)

lol havent u seen my brows? It's all over my blog posts. Dig the archives JAc.

Keshi.

Nea said...

haha, that is a good one.......about the policeman....haha

Your story on the boat about the French speaking woman reminded me of this, my dauther in law, who was vietnamese, but was here in the states so long, she didn't have an accent, went to have her nails done at a Viewnamese parlor, and the women there were talking about her in vietnamese, they did not think she understood them, she didn't say a word, the whole time, pretented she didn't understand them, when she got done, as she was leaving, she said, in Vietnamese, "Oh by the way, I understood everything you said.."

MoodsAndColors said...

Hi Jac
A promise breaker is a shoe maker...so you can presume am making shoes these days...
Today onwards that will change cause I intend to keep the promise now :)
Enjoyed the jokes...:)

One said...

Opps so the policeman was the member of a rescue team

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

:) --- what a nice picture. You see so much of the world. (And we get to see it. :) )

Princess Haiku said...

That's a funny story.

Chaotic Serenity said...

LOL That's a hilarious story.
I love that boat.

hellbunny said...

Lovely to see that picture of India.And no i dont have problem with log in.I was just lazy yesterday.

mystic rose said...

:)

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh I would love a ride on the boat Jac!! It reminds me of the old paddle steamer except a heck of a lot better looking.
Loved the story.

Jac said...

Starry
Thank you and have a nice week.

Jac said...

Cap
You are trying to squeeze me for more details ? LOL
Well, here it is. In the middle of the boat cruise, with out a guide with them, they were asking questions themselves about the area and the sights they were seeing. As it was not my first time in Cochin, I was able to explain to them everything in detail in English and it was a great help to them.
They wanted to know if I am a guide of some sort. I told them that I am tourist like them and that this is not my first time there in Cochin. They were eager to know if I would join them so that it would be a great help. I politely declined as I had my own pre fixed programmes.
The last time I saw them was when they asked if I have coffee with them in the open air cafĂ© and I declined as I don’t drink coffee at all. What do you expect me to do, cap ?
They don’t have any idea about my crude knowledge French.
As I spoke English with them, they naturally conversed between in French with out fear that includes references about me. But I played it cool.
I already went through your blog and I know about your deep knowledge of laughter and its importance in any given circumstance.
Thank you, cap for being here every day, and your valuable feed backs.

Jac said...

Neers
Welcome back after that long and abnormal hiatus.
Stay for a while, na

You are !

Jac said...

Vidya
I have many more things to write, don’t you worry !!
I will keep you with me letting you know about everything through out my voyage wherever I go. Is that ok ?
Yes, the boat is always there and this particular one is cute as it is covered and decorated with bamboo. It has good and clean interiors too.

Jac said...

Matt
Welcome back !
It is not a house boat at all.
It is just a normal boat decorated with bamboo and its is clean, though it is bit expensive than others.

Jac said...

Keshi
No I haven’t.
But I will check it out, no worry !

Jac said...

Nea
Thank you nea.
But the difference is that they still have no idea that I knew a little French. They would have shocked if they knew, I am sure !

But you said your DIL is Vietnamese and she has no accent but couldn’t they recognize her with the physical features? Or are the oriental features not differentiable ?

Jac said...

Moods
You are a month late dear !!!!
A shoe maker ?? Nice, that is very quotable quote.

Could I have a pair of shoes for me on the house, ma`am ?

Thanks anj

Jac said...

@One
…Or the old man assumed so.
Well, his quick wits came to his rescue. Thanks for the comment.

Jac said...

Andrew
I see to too much and you see too. Thanks.
Princes haiku
Thank you.

Jac said...

Chao
Thank you so much

Jac said...

Hellbunny
Thank you for the compliment.

Jac said...

princess haiku

Thank you dear.

Jac said...

mystic

:))

Jac said...

janice
I knew that you woulk like that with the ocean background and the waves.

Thanks again.

Gazza said...

Your a verry funny man,i havent the time just now but i'll give your blog a good read,take care my friend.

CapCity said...

Looking at all your replies makes me wonder if your hands are tired:-)...i hope not.
But, aaaaaw, man, Jac - u know by my blog I'm a romantic at heart, so I had hoped the heron wouldn't be the only one doing a li'l dance:-).

thanx again for checking through my many blogs. I replied to your comment on my "runner's journal/blog".

Jac said...

cap
Writing replies to the comments is one of the best things that I enjoy in blogging though it is tedious and time consuming.
I read all the comments and write a reply because that it is my only feed back on my blog.

I know that you are quite romantic and you love to interact with people and, that comment about the heron's li'l dance made me smile.

I read your replies too.

Thanks for all the feed backs.

kat said...

I love that boat!

Lotus Reads said...

Jac, I am here from Anali's, what a great blog you have!

I was in Cochin last summer...probably on that same boat! :)

Look forward to visiting you again!