Saturday, April 07, 2007

Smiles !!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On these Festival days of Easter... smiles more than enough for all of you.

Tell me if it is not enough.

In case a smile refuse to appear in your lips, then read the story of the priceless curtain rods.

Dedicated for those who think that I have no sense of humour.

PRICELESS CURTAIN RODS

A woman, just got divorced by her husband, spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candle-light, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of spring-water.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the inside tube of the curtain rods.

She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days.
Then slowly, the house began to smell.

They tried everything; cleaning, mopping and airing the place out.
Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam cleaned.

Air fresheners were hung everywhere.

Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked.
People stopped coming over to visit.

Repairmen refused to work in the house.

The maid quit.

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they couldnot find a buyer for their stinky house.

Word got out and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls.
Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank topurchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going.

He told her the saga of the rotting house.
She listened politely and said that she missed her old home terribly and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day.

She agreed and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home.........

...and to spite the ex-wife, they even took the curtain rods!!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend with a smile now. See you on Monday.

37 comments:

Mindinside said...

hahaha ..So thats why shrimps are sold in high prices.
.... and you have a sense of humor I see!

Jac said...

I thought price of houses are down abnormally.

....I do have, you read it !!!!

alex said...

Jac,

'Kappiri pani pattichu!' :P

Hilarious. I didnt expect them to take the curtain rods along with them. LOL

Jac said...

alex

Kappiri is humorous too ??

Remember my name...jac (of all trades

Walker said...

LMAO !!!!!!!!

I am sticking to blinds
Have a Happy Easter Buddy :)

Janice Thomson said...

Perfect Jac! It was hilarious...and I'll be sure to check out any curtain rods before buying a house :D

Jac said...

walker

The blinds also have a hollow portion on the upper rod.
So be on your guard.

Jac said...

janice

It need not be curtain rods. It can be anything.

Better check the marital status of the previous owner.LOL

Anjali said...

Hi Jac
Whosover called us the better half was a wise guy after all.
Hilarious...enjoyed reading it.
Have a nice weekend!!!

Kai C. said...

this story makes me smile!

thank you forr sharing with us!

:-]

have a great easter!

kat said...

Ha Ha Ha.They took the curtain rods!

LOL

Thanks for the laugh.

mystic rose said...

:).

what a story...jac, you are a good story teller.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

:) Happy Easter!

magiceye said...

:) :) :)
thank you for the smiles!

happy easter to you and yours!

Raghav said...

good one!

sophie said...

Happy Easter Jac
that was a wonderfuls tory with a message....

Jac said...

anjali

You forgot to mention that he also called them the bitter half. LOL

Thanks, anjaly.
It is my pleasure. Have a nice weekend yourself.

Jac said...

kai c
And when you smile, look around and peer at us...you will see all of us smiling.

So keep smiling, kai.

Jac said...

kat
Yes, they did... and they are looking for another house. LOL

Jac said...

mystic

The story is not better than yours.

Thanks for enjoying it and sharing your comment with me.

Jac said...

andrew

Same to you and thanks.

Jac said...

magic

That makes two of us. Your smile is mine too.

Happy Easter my friend.

Jac said...

raghav

Welcome to the window to my soul.

Delighted to know that you liked my post, but then in that case you should be coming back daily.

Happy Weekend my friend !

Jac said...

sophie

Happy Easter to you too.

The message is clear but for giving you the message, 50% of gains for me ???LOL

:))

marybishop said...

Good one Jac, though the cannibal story will always make me laugh the hardest. Happy Easter!

Kai C. said...

here is the link to the song Don't Matter by Akonn!


Akon Dont Matter

Jac said...

mary
A pleasant surprise! It takes me back to more than two years and my two cousins from the past... you and laurenbove.

Now I will have to tell my new readers about the cannibal story.

Thanks for the visit, after almost one and half years.

Thanks for keeping tag of me

Jac said...

kai c

Thank you so much for the link. I tried it here and found my company firewall blocking it.

So I will listen to it when I am on my vacation.

Thanks again.

Margie said...

Hi Jac
Haha!
I enjoyed this very much!
Thanks for sharing it!
Happy Easter!
Oh, Thanks so much for the nice ecard....I loved it!
I'm very scarce these days.... very busy with life! all your posts are wonderful! Just wonderful!

Margie:)

Jac said...

margie

After a long time...
...used to check in your page.

Thanks for the compliments.

Happy Easter to you too.

zzz-writing said...

hi jac
it is funny and befitting..assuming that the new girlfriend was the reason for divorce ;)
so how have you been? came to this new blog for the first time
take care

Jac said...

ZZZ
The story is based on that assumption.LOL

I checked your blog ???
Do I know you ? I remember that you had a blog before. What happened to it ?

Come again please!

Seema said...

Jac those were lovely smiles galore for the season...keep them live all the while !!! It surely makes a difference !!!

N yeah that hand n the feather adds a charm to the smiles on ya page...the flowers are beautiful indeed !

Smiles to laughter with the humorous tale on curtain rods !!! The ex wife was one hellova smartie and the hubby was too good at stupidity...he walked away with the curtain rods just to leave nothing behind!!!

Jac said...

seema
That was lot of compliments !!! Is that all for me ?
Thanks.

The feather and the hand were my original profile pic. During the change over of the templates I lost it somewhere in my hard disk and I got it now.
Now I am back with the old look plus the added pic space.

The story...that was one hell of a smart ex wife. LOL

hellbunny said...

That was funny.
Wonder if i should leave the curtain rods when i move house

Jac said...

hellbunny
Check if it is the same house that you plan to get mortgaged. Leave your curtain rods and wait. If it works you can buy it for a song.

zzz-writer said...

jac, i used to visit your eralier blog