Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dew drops.

Here is joke for you for this Sunday for it is Sunday morning here.

As Sundays are supposed to be lazy days for you, (not for me) here is it, to give your facial muscles the necessary exercise to keep it peppy.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then the pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humour. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by Qantas' pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

(By the way, Qantas is the ONLY major airline that has never had an accident just in case you were worried ! )

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


I remember a particular person when ever I read or post a joke.

“as long as there r no copy rights infringement issues involved, u can always call it an original joke.. just do a thorough research b4 u write”

This is a comment from her from one of my old jokes posted

She used to remind me about it every time I posted one.
She was a regular visitor with many of you bloggers and then suddenly she stopped coming.
She still blog and write too but visits are limited to just a few of her favorite blogs.
I was worried by her sudden withdrawal from the circle. Suspecting something wrong with my replies to her comments, I got hold her ID and sent a letter.

Prompt came the reply saying that she is okay and nothing to be worried about but that she is tired and just tied up with her work.
Though she is not going around as before but still remain blogging, please let her know that we still miss her.

Say hello to Dew drops from Kodakara.

She has her own a beautiful way of writing that no one can imitate …and with a smell of Kodakara where her roots are.
I miss her charming and smiling face here.

Though she may not see it, this one is for her…in absentia. (I hope that this word is correct)

I don't know if you like this joke or not... but please go and visit dew drops and say hello for me.

BTW : Do you know the flower on the top ?

33 comments:

Sarah said...

thottavadi...

jac said...

canada

Arra ? Thanano ?

starry nights said...

Jac..I tried You should have seen my face, I scrunched and I smiled, turned my head to the left and to the right , stared up and down but still dont know what the flower is. My facial muscles did get their exercise though. Loved those jokes. made me smile.thanks. will visit dew drops.

jac said...

starry

It is the flower of :-

'Mimisa Pudica' botanically,
'Thotta vadi' in Malayalam
'touch me not' in English.(It may have another name in English)

As the name in Malayalam and English implies, this is one of the rare plants that react on touch.
The leaves of this plant shies away and close inwards with a mere touch, and opens up after a short period.

Sesitive natured people like me are called 'thottavadi'

As example, if your face turns red with minimum prevocation from J, you are called a 'thottavady'

From your admirable sense of humour and maturity in writing, I don't think you are, but again only J knows that.LOL

I am delighted to know that you had your facial exercises just by reading my post, which was meant to make a reader (¥ t š+ š€t≥ªŠ§ +§®µ¿ x ì ìÝ = 3 months) 3 months younger as per my calculations.

This is not an advertisement for my blog, but any one that read my next post is calculated to beccome one year younger instantly.

Keshi said...

Funny lol!

Keshi.

jac said...

keshi

Is it not ?
Did you also stretch your facial muscles ? LOL

Neers said...

hmmmm....(for thr post and take on dew drop) and poetry on touch me nots, always used to fascinate me as a child!

Free Spirit said...

The flower's called Makahiya in Tagalog, its scientific name is
Mimosa pudica Linn.; or commonly called bashful mimosa or sensitive plant. I see a lot of those growing on the vacant lot next door and I like touching them to make their leaves close.

It's actually a medicinal plant and can be used as an expectorant, antiasthmatic, or even as an aphrodisiac. Some folks even use it as for urinary complaints, hypertension, glandular swelling, sore throat and hoarseness. Their powdered seeds can be applied to wounds and sores. A decoction of roots can be used for bladder stones, while the leaves can be applied to bruises or used for diabetes. If you powder the roots and leaves, you can take it with milk for piles and fistula or just apply the juice externally to fistulous sores.

Ah, but I am digressing from my objective and have unintentionally started a boring litany on herbal medicine. Forgive me. =)

Anyhoo, thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave such a nice comment. you have a wonderful blog here and I'm glad I've seen it.

Oh, and I liked the jokes.

hellbunny said...

Funny joke Jac.
I know myself its difficult sometimes to keep up with all the blogs.I try to go around as many as possible everyday.

mathew said...

eh..good thing abt being in s/w is u get all the forwards in the world!!!..

btw thottavaadi..i know am late..hehehe..

jac said...

neers

Well ! As a poetess, everything should facinate you.

Naturally so..

Thanks for the visit.

starry nights said...

Jac..If you ask "J" he will say I am a
"thottavadi".

jac said...

free spirit

Welcome to the window to my soul.

Wow ! That was so kind of you to bring in so much information in the comment.
Though I knew that it is tropical, I didn't know that it grew in Philippines.
Thank you so much for the herbal medicine tips. I am sure that there are many readers here, who would thank you for that kind of information.

Thank you for all the compliments and I hope that I will keep seeing you and your butterfly here often.LOL

jac said...

hellbunny

I know how it is, as I face the same problem here.

Thank you so much for coming here regularly, without fail for as long as two and half years.
Perhaps you didn’t know that it is as long as that. LOL

jac said...

mathew
Right you are on the s/w :)

Too late... but lateness here never matters.

Thanks.

jac said...

starry
I guessed that, but I wanted to get it from you.
I know it, as I read all your posts reglarily, although I am the one of the last to read it.

Now you made me ask another one. Is J too ? Which you only can answer.LOL

Thanks for the spirit in humour.

Monica said...

Jac, I'm honored to spotlight you in my Talented Tuesday tomorrow as I have always been enthralled with your poetry. I hope you'll like it. :)

Take care.

jac said...

monica

Flowers and garlands to the bravest Mom who wrote that open letter to the Presedent of USA.

Tomorrow, I will be there in your blog to read, what ever you plan to write about me, Monica !

I love Munich said...

I had a good laugh with the jokes .. they are really great!
Dew drops .. I will visit her too and say HI!
"absentia" is correct! ;)
The flower .. I guess I know it - it looks as if there are "dew drops" at the ends of the ... whatever you call them!
GREAT POST Jac!!

jac said...

munich

Yes it is true.
At the beginning of the cold season, 'touch me not' is one of the plants that collects dew drops at the tip of the leaves.

Thanks for the compliment.

You are welcome here at any time

Mindinside said...

:)

jac said...

mind

I just wrote and postd something about a smile now.

Check it out.
:)

V N said...

തൊട്ടാവാടി!!

ഇങ്ങനെയൊക്കെയേ കാണാന്‍ കിട്ടൂ മാഷെ, ഇപ്പൊ ഈ കൊച്ച്‌ സുന്ദരിയെ...

:)

jac said...

velu
Alla mashe ! alla, ente koode vannal ethre venamenkilum kanichu tharam.

Anali said...

LOl! Those are hilarious!

Manjusha said...

Lovely picture...reminds me of home! Mimosa Pudica.

jac said...

ananli

Thanks.

jac said...

manjusha

Really ??

But I have seen real beautiful pics at your blog.

Tarini said...

oh funny!
u should send them to some frequent flyers.

jac said...

tarini
But unfortunatly I am one of them.LOL

Tarini said...

so do i fly a lot i mean. next time i see a groundsman ill ask then if this is true :)

jac said...

tarini
Like asking the waiter in a restaurant if the food in the plate is 3 days old. LOL


After all, a joke is just a joke.

Thanks for that afterthought.

Tarini said...

i meant: to make them laugh too.