Sunday, June 18, 2006

Getting Pregnant. (This is also for men)


Dear my readers... It is another attempt.
People complain about me that I have very wry sense of humor.
They write to me saying that I write sad and I write mad.
Well it’s true. I have to accept it.

When I started write a blog before two years, I used to scribble few lines and publish it by telling everyone that it is poetry.

But soon when I took a whirl around the other blogs here, I accepted my limitations.

I can’t write poetry. Yet people encouraged me, applauded me and what not… Monica even has gone to the limits, to write that if ever I publish a book of poems (sigh) she will be the first to buy it. I am grateful to her for being so kind with me.
As an extremely organized and systematic writer, she writes natural and versatile, who has a kind heart.
Unfortunately we had a misunderstanding which ended in our friendship being shaky and we don’t communicate now.
Now that shows my art of public relations. My sensitive nature, adds fire in some situations and calling a spade, a spade... tend to function as a boomerang on me.

Well, to continue, I was unable to write a good poem, and my next aim was to write a journal, which needs writing qualities that I lack.

So with the support of some by all time friends like Pinklady, Walker & Lisa, I selected a joke kindly send by a friend as a plot. I wrote a humorous skit called “that is how she became my mom” and it went well, as it was a joke converted to a skit.

That was it… I couldn’t get a good plot or some thing and I was stuck, stuck with my poor writing, but managed a blog until now.

Recently I even thought of learning a bit of cooking and including a few recipes stolen from LG who maintain a very informative and delicious Indian style kitchen blog. Please check her out.

I am also restricted with a not-so-friendly server and an equally unfriendly job which I don’t want to loose.
Now this is my next attempt to polish my image as a blogger by at least making you smile, where as what I want is laugh.

This joke is the courtesy of mindinside who took pity at my pathetic writing.

Well, to put it in plain language, I haven’t done anything except editing the basic joke, here and there.

Here it is.

he he he he he he… that it self is a joke

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A twenty-one-year-old girl tells her Mom that she has missed her period for two months.

Very worried, the mother goes to the drugstore and buys a test kit.
The test result shows that the girl is pregnant.

The Mother naturally was upset
Shouting, cursing, crying, the mother says

"Who was the pig that did this to you? I want to know!"

The girl keeps her cool, picks up the phone and makes a call.

Half an hour later a brand new, chauffeur driven Ferrari stops in front of their house.
A mature and distinguished man with gray hair, impeccably dressed in a very expensive suit, steps out of the car and enters the house.

He sits in the living room with the father, the mother and the girl, and tells them,

"Good morning, your daughter has informed me of the problem".
He stopped and looked at every body and continued with dignity.

"I can't marry her because of my personal family situation, but I'll provide support".

The mother was fuming and was about to speak but stopped short.

The man took out a gold bound small scribbling pad and a solid siver pen from his pocket and started to read from the book.

"If a girl is born, I will bequeath her two retail stores, a town house, a beach villa and $1,000,000 bank account.


If a boy is born, my legacy will be a couple of factories and $2,000,000 bank account.
If it happens to be twins, a factory and $1,000,000 each"


He closed his small book and with the folded pen, looked around and asked with great concern.

"However, if there is a miscarriage, what do you suggest I do?"

At this point, the father, who had remained silent, places a hand firmly on the man's shoulder and tells him

“Then you try again."

34 comments:

sophie said...

so nice of u to talk about ur friends here....
and i have the same to tell about u

and the joke was ROTFL..but true

jac said...

sophie
That is lot of compliments !!!

You like that joke ??

aklanta said...

Sorry buddy

even that's a joke that's not a joke...but I appreciate your efforts to be funny

all the best...

boo said...

eeks. happy papy day {{jac}}

Mindinside said...

Lovely funny post!:):)

starry nights said...

Jac this a really funny post. money does buy. And i think you write well, also your poems are really good. do continue writing and posting poems.

jac said...

aklanta
Acknowledged with thanks, as this column is for my guests to open their thoughts

Thanks for being buddy like.
:)

jac said...

boo
Many wishes to convey, share mine too.
(()):**
I wonder about the short absences ?

jac said...

mindinside

That was a compliment to you.
;))

jac said...

starry
That was meant only as a joke, though money can buy most of the things... not forgetting the fact that it can't buy true love.

Thank you for the lovely compliments.

gem said...

Everything you write comes from your mind and your heart
I love it.
Yours is the only page i care to read word by word.

jac said...

gem
Thanks and thanks and thanks, but that doesn’t give me an excuse for forgetting your Birthday. I still feel guilty.

gem said...

jac baby
Don't feel guilty about that.
Forgetfulness is forgivable.

Dew Drops said...

as long as there r no copy rights issues involved, u can always call it original.. just do a thorough research b4 u write. LoL

i love reading ur posts 'cos it is so simple n straight form the heart than a boasting off of language skills. keep posting buddy ;)

Sarah said...

you write very well.. with passion..and it is always nice to read your blog..

I love Munich said...

Jac - don't be so hard on yourself!! You do right very well and your poems do radiate your feelings which is great!
A REAL chauvinist this guy .. funny joke!

jac said...

gem
Thanks for that, and I suppose that I can close that chapter.
YW

jac said...

dew drops
I made a search for copywrites, can't find any and If now there is, then lets face it. LoL

There again, your comment delights me; like your writing that jiggles around simple homely plots in your blog.

jac said...

immigrant in canada

You flatter me and I am flattered, coming from you is a real pleasure too.
:)

jac said...

i love munich

No, I am not being hard; it is my way of writing. I write with passion and vehemence.

Some times I have to fly, without disturbing peace and serenity...and as a bird, the sky is mine.

The fella in the joke ?
True, but it happens.

Thanks for the compliments, delighted even.

November Rain said...

funny ...


Jac I love your poetry its an expression of your inner self

I dont think its all angry or sad

you are being way to hard on yourself


I find the best writers normally are though


keep writing please
dont give up


big hugs

boo said...

stop wondering. i'm back for abit :)

jac said...

novy
That is a big comfort, you know ?

(((((hugs))))))
Thaaaanks

jac said...

boo
I don't think that you went to practice holding your breath underwater ?
You can't beat me boooooooooooooo.

Thaks for being here a bit.
((((hugs))))

hellbunny said...

That was a really funny joke.
I think you keep your blog interesting by diversifying.You have many friends and blog readers so you must be doing something right.

jac said...

hellbunny
After the cannibal one, I didn't try any jokes...I am sure that you remember that. LOL

I have to diverse to avoid monotonous hlah blahs.

Monica said...

I stand behind what I said, Jac, I never doubted and always said you write the most beautiful poetry. Does this mean there may be a book out soon? I still would be first in line to buy it.

jac said...

monica
You flatter me like before, and I am flattered and delighted like before.
I mean every word I wrote in this post.
Thank you for coming here.

“You are blind and I am deaf and dumb, so let us touch hands and understand”
-Khalil Gibran-
:)

Strictly for my friends said...

That joke was really funny! :D

Sumitha said...

ha ha ha ha ....I loved the joke!

Inji Pennu said...

:-)

Also, thanks for linking me.

jac said...

Stictly for friends

Happy to hear that you like it

jac said...

sumitha shibu

Very pleased with that laugh

jac said...

lg
:D
No need for thanks as you are in my fav. list too.